Stantonetal - Stanton Genealogy

Exploring the Stanton family tree in the UK and beyond

Notes


Matches 851 to 895 of 895

      «Prev «1 ... 14 15 16 17 18

 #   Notes   Linked to 
851 Russell Road is now known as Berriman Road. http://www.maps.thehunthouse.com/Streets/New_to_Old_London_Street_Name_Changes.htm SHEPPARD, Frederick George (I61)
 
852 Russell Road is now known as Berriman Road. http://www.maps.thehunthouse.com/Streets/New_to_Old_London_Street_Name_Changes.htm GRAY, Mabel May (I62)
 
853 Sailed to New York on the "SS New York" BECKHAM, Ethel Rebecca (I834)
 
854 Saint Paul's originated in a temporary church set up as a chapel of ease for the parish of Holy Trinity (P87/TRI). A permanent church was constructed in 1873 and a parish assigned, taken from part of the parish of Holy Trinity. The church was bombed in 1940 and demolished in 1953. The parish was reunited with Holy Trinity.
http://www.aim25.ac.uk/cgi-bin/vcdf/detail?coll_id=15471&inst_id=118&nv1=browse&nv2=corp
 
HEATH, Annie May (I5)
 
855 Served in WW1 where was victim of gas but survived. Died of heart trouble. BURKE, John (I381)
 
856 Shirley House still exists on West Walks in Dorchester. It is not clear where Shirley Cottage was though. There is a smaller house down the hill from the current Shirley House - perhaps this was Shirley Cottage? HILL, Robert (I1848)
 
857 Sir John Tregonwell (c1498-1565) was a lawyer in the Court of Henry VIII - representing Henry when he got rid of Katherine of Aragon - he was also the first owner of Milton Abbey after the dissolution of the monastries. His portait is attached. Another Tregonwell was the founder of Bournemouth.
 
TREGONWELL, John (I1191)
 
858 Source Information
Ancestry.com. England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
Original data: England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013 
Source (S90)
 
859 Source Information
Ancestry.com. England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
Original data: England, Marriages, 1538–1973. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013. 
Source (S114)
 
860 Source Medium: Other
 
Source (S3)
 
861 Square 47, Grave number 9199 STANTON, Alice Louisa (I1871)
 
862 Square 47, Grave number 9199 WHITELOCK, Charles James (I1903)
 
863 St Asaph's Church was designed by the Birmingham architect Yeoville Thomason. Built in brick with stone dressings in Decorated Gothic, it was consecrated in 1868; the church had a chancel, nave and aisles. The base of a tower was built at the west end but never completed. Built at a cost of £5450 on a site given by Cregoe Colmore between Great Colmore Street and Latimer Street (now gone but roughly where Lytham Croft is), the church was built right up the pavement and was wedge-shaped in plan, to fit the junction of the roads between which it stands. There were 950 sittings of which 500 were free; this was an very poor area of Birmingham and it is hard to imagine who might have been willing to rent seats at St Asaph's. A parish was assigned out of St Thomas's in 1869.

St Asaph's had a number of stained glass windows installed as memorials and a wooden screen which was transferred to St Lukes, Bristol Street when the church was about to be demolished.

This was a district built up almost exclusively of back-to-back houses and as one of the first areas to be cleared and redeveloped after World war 2. The church was closed in 1949 and the parish put in the charge of the vicar of St Luke's. The church was not demolished until c1960.

http://ahistoryofbirminghamchurches.jimdo.com/birmingham-st-martin-in-the-bull-ring/st-asaph-great-colmore-street/ 
Family F176
 
864 St James' Road went between Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Now called Mackenzie Road, and Palmer Place at the eastern end. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LONDON/2002-11/1038503094 WEST, Frederick William (I863)
 
865 St James' Road went between Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Now called Mackenzie Road, and Palmer Place at the eastern end. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LONDON/2002-11/1038503094 TASKER, Edith Mary (I864)
 
866 St James' Road went between Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Now called Mackenzie Road, and Palmer Place at the eastern end. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LONDON/2002-11/1038503094 WEST, William George (I865)
 
867 St James' Road went between Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Now called Mackenzie Road, and Palmer Place at the eastern end. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LONDON/2002-11/1038503094 WEST, Joseph F (I866)
 
868 St James' Road went between Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Now called Mackenzie Road, and Palmer Place at the eastern end. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/LONDON/2002-11/1038503094 WEST, Edith Frances (I867)
 
869 Stanton, Mark, Worcester UK. Source (S88)
 
870 The 1841 census is the first modern UK census, when the first Registrar General of England and Wales was made responsible for organising the count.
This is the earliest census that has survived in its entirety: only local fragments of the 1801, 1811, 1821 and 1831 censuses survived once the statistical information was collected.
The 1841 census was taken on the night of 6 June 1841 and gave the total population as 18,553,124. 
Source (S42)
 
871 The 1851 census was taken on 30 March and gave the total population as 17,922,768. Source (S13)
 
872 The 1861 census was taken on the night of 7 April 1861 and gave the total population as 20,066,000. Source (S26)
 
873 The 1871 census was taken on the night of 2 April 1871 and gave the total population as 22,723,000. Source (S8)
 
874 The 1881 census was taken on the night of 3 April 1881 and gave the total population as 25,974,000. Source (S7)
 
875 The 1891 census was taken on 5 April and gave the total population as 28,999,725. Source (S14)
 
876 The 1901 census was taken on 31 March and gave the total population as 32,527,843. Source (S2)
 
877 The 1911 census for England and Wales was taken on the night of Sunday 2 April, 1911. The count included all individual households, plus institutions such as prisons, workhouses, naval vessels and merchant vessels, and it also attempted to make an approximate count of the homeless. Source (S31)
 
878 The address on the 1861 census has been transcribed as
"The Tanhouse, The Row, Rhandir" 
BRUMWELL, Richard (I1341)
 
879 The church of ST. COLUMBA, Wanstead Slip, in Ravenstone Road, originated as an iron mission church under Holy Trinity, opened in 1888. (fn. 197) A permanent church was opened in 1894. It was designed by E. P. Warren in 'Perpendicular' style and at first comprised chancel, nave, south aisle, Lady chapel, and small south-east turret. (fn. 198) The north aisle and vestries were completed later in the same year, by the gift of the Misses Nutter of Wanstead. A new parish was formed in 1895, including part of St. James, Forest Gate. (fn. 199) The advowson of the vicarage was vested in the bishop. (fn. 200) In 1898 a parish hall, also designed by Warren, was built in Janson Road. The church was wrecked by bombing in 1944 and its shell demolished about 1954. (fn. 201) In 1951 St. Columba's parish was amalgamated with that of St. Margaret. (fn. 202) Its church hall, surrounded by blocks of flats, was still in use in 1965. (fn. 203)

From: 'Leyton: Churches', A History of the County of Essex: Volume 6 (1973), pp. 214-223. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=42772 Date accessed: 26 April 2011. 
SAMSON, Ruth Sabina Mary (I244)
 
880 The name Crocker's Folly is no longer in use. This area was Cottages around the now Newstead Road area. http://www.weymouth-dorset.co.uk/streetweymr.html

Westham began as an outlying part of the parish of Wyke Regis. By the 1840s, the area on this side of the backwater already had the Gasworks, founded in 1836, and a pottery with its own quay. The Melcombe Regis cemetery in Newstead Road was opened in 1856 with a lodge to house the keeper. In 1859 a wooden bridge across the backwater opened, thus making for easier access, more so for those who were to be buried. Abbotsbury Road is often found recorded as 'Cemetery Bridge Road'. The 1861 census records the 'road to the cemetery' which later became Newstead Road, and contained the Gas house, the Cemetery Lodge, Shale House Cottage (pottery) and Crockers Folly. The latter was a small group of cottages not far from the gasworks. Building was gradually increasing during this period and at a public meeting in 1882, the name West Ham was decided on for this new area, which before too long became Westham as we know it today.
http://www.westham.weymouth-dorset.co.uk/ 
STANTON, Richard (I336)
 
881 The occupation of "Hallier" was probably was the name given to those who hauled the coal from the seam face to the lift collection area. It is often in connection with mining which would suggest William worked in the mining industry around Iron Acton. WALL, William (I1149)
 
882 The Old Lottery Inn was one of at least 15 pubs in the village serving the local residents and workers - others now lost/converted included the Red, White & Blue and the Flying Dutchman - and was one of two pubs on Plummers Hill (the other being the Britannia, next to the boot factory and local smithy). On 1884 maps, the property stood in relative isolation at the eastern edge of the village. By 1900, the building of Jubilee Terrace and Victoria Terrace connected the main village of Paulton with the hamlet of Britten. GAY, Elizabeth (I429)
 
883 This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Source (S69)
 
884 Timothy's son Timothy was born in Ireland, was 10 in 1861 census. CULLINANE, Timothy (I103)
 
885 UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008. Source (S96)
 
886 Unclear whether this is actually a court house or not. It seems to be listed between a number of court houses ALLCOCK, John (I1349)
 
887 Vine Terrace, Waterloo Road, LAMBETH

http://www.census1891.com/streets-v.htm 
CAMPBELL, Charles Morris (I1307)
 
888 William SCOURSE (Eliza's uncle) and Ann PARKER are witnesses Family F24
 
889 Wirtemberg St was renamed Stonhouse St in 1920 GOODWIN, William (I1321)
 
890 Wirtemberg St was renamed Stonhouse St in 1920. BARTLETT, Elizabeth (I1312)
 
891 Witnesses were FG Sheppard and RJ Welford.
Married by Sidney Ford (Vicar) 
Family F41
 
892 Witnesses were J. Smith and S. Smith Family F227
 
893 Witnesses were Richard Targett and Martha Taizard Family F78
 
894 WW1 ALLEN, Ernest William (I1128)
 
895 WW1 BEDGGOOD, William George (I1257)
 

      «Prev «1 ... 14 15 16 17 18